Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Real, Real Housewife of Las Vegas...

As long as you can keep a secret, I'll tell you something about myself.  I am OBSESSED with all of the Real Housewives shows on Bravo.  Well, except Miami.  I just couldn't get into that one.  But all the others, I love!!  I watch these shows as a sort of escape from my real life, as a way to unwind after the kids have finally gone to bed, as a way to just not have to use my brain for an hour at a time!  Now, as much as I love these shows, it is my oh so humble opinion that they do not reflect REAL HOUSEWIVES!  Yes, these women may be wives and mothers and they may be showing us what their lives really are like, but their "real" does not reflect my "real" or the "real" of most of the moms and wives that I know!  I am as real a housewife as you will ever meet.  I have good days, great days, amazing days and days when I wish my children would run away with a band of gypsies!  I have days when I love my husband more than life itself and days when I think I may just smother him with my pillow if he doesn't stop snoring!  I have weeks when I cook beautiful, healthy meals for my family and weeks when life is so crazy that we eat fast food EVERY, SINGLE NIGHT! Gasp!!  While the women on these shows can often be seen having a lunch date with the girls, or shopping for Louboutins, or throwing a beautiful, catered party, I can usually be found changing a poopy diaper, doing laundry, planning a craft project for my kids to do, helping one of my sweeties with their homework or up to my elbows in cupcake ingredients!  Not very glamorous I must admit, but I wouldn't have it any other way! (Well, I wouldn't turn down some beautiful Louboutins!)

I decided to start off 2014 by doing something I have long wanted to do~ write a blog.  I have loved blogs for as long as they've been around and started one a few years ago about cooking, but we moved across the country and I never resumed it!  So, here we are in a wonderful new year and I couldn't be more excited to be doing this!  I will be sharing stories about my wild and crazy family, our projects, triumphs, successes, catastrophes (in the words of Gaspard and Lisa) and all of my wonderful adventures in this crazy job called "housewife".  I will share recipes that we love and craft projects that we do and any hair-brained ideas I have (I tend to get lots of these).   So I hope you'll share with your friends, follow my blog and let me know what you think!

Throughout my entries, you'll be getting to know me, Nicole (Colie to some very special little people in my life), mom of 3, southern born and raised, living in Las Vegas for a year and a half, learning to love me for me.  My husband of almost 13 years, John, who is the absolute love of my life, even if he does snore.  Our beautiful, wonderful, sometimes perfect children; Caroline, 12; Corbyn, 7; and Cooper, who will be 2 in 2 short weeks. 

My mind is always so full; a billion ideas about food, fun, family, finances and the future.  I can't wait to share them all with you.  Happy New Year! May 2014 be all that you want it to be!

Nicole





No comments:

Post a Comment