Monday, January 6, 2014

Resolutions...

Now, I'm not usually a "New Year's Resolution" kind of gal.  And I didn't really make any this year.  But I am definitely always trying to be better; a better wife, better mom, better me.  So I decided to devote 2014 to just being better.

First things first, I have been unhappy with my body.  Not just my weight, but my body in general.  I actually don't even know how much I weigh because we don't own a scale.  But I do know that I have TONS of clothes that fit last year that simply just don't fit anymore.  Pants that won't button (or even make their way over my thighs) and shirts that are too tight and uncomfortable.  I guess as I move closer to my mid-thirties, I am gonna have to be more careful about what I eat and I definitely need to get moving more! This past year has been first real year as a stay-at-home-mom.  And I truly believe being home more is to blame.  I don't go out as much, I'm not really getting any exercise, I am living in sweatpants so I didn't notice how tight my jeans were getting until they didn't fit and I snack- A LOT! Snacks are my pitfall, my Achilles heal, my cross to bear.  I love snacks.  All kinds of snacks.  Sweet, salty, hot, cold, with a fox, in a box.  I love snacks! So here I am, my belly full of snacks and my ass twice as big as it was this time last year.

The vain part of me says the weight is the biggest issue with my body, but all of my aching body parts say the weight is just part of it.  That old Garth Brooks song comes to mind every morning as I crawl out of bed and walk hunched to the bathroom, "I'm Much Too Young To Feel This Damn Old".  My back kills, my knees feel like they will break, my joints don't want to move and I have a headache almost every day.  NO FUN!!  I'm only going to be 33 this year.  No way should I be in this bad a shape!

So now, it's confession time.  I have not been very good to my body.  Ever.  I have always slid by on good genes and high metabolism.  I've always been curvy, boobs and butt are part of our family legacy, but I had never really had to work to stay thin.  Even after having my first two kids.  But this third one has given me some problems.  And since I never really had to work at it, I didn't.  I ate what I wanted to eat, exercised only after my kids were born to lose the weight, drank a pot of coffee a day and I have smoked off and on (mostly on) since I was 18.  I believe now that my body is saying, enough is enough.  Treat me better.  I am the only body you will get.

And I'm trying to listen, really I am.  I want to do better.  I want to feel better!

So the first step I am taking this year is doing the Master Cleanse.  I have talked, to myself mostly, about doing this for years.  It's a little extreme, but I whole-heartedly believe it works.  It's definitely not easy, but I read so much about people who not only lost weight, but felt so much better.  Body pains gone, headaches gone.  I'm willing to try it.  I'm on day 3 now, and so far, so good! I'll keep you posted on how I'm holding up and whether or not my husband and kids are still alive! Lol!!

If any of you are interested in learning more about the Master Cleanse, you can go to their website.  It explains exactly what it is, gives you the recipe for the "lemonade" and tells you step by step how you should do it.

So a toast, to a better me and a better you and a fantastic year!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment